Friday, January 18, 2008

Seeking Co-Working in San Diego

I recently discovered the Hat Factory in San Francisco. Well, I didn't really discover so much as hear about it. Err, read about it. None-the-less, it left me yearning for a space to write my own. Affordable, communal, functional, inspiring.

I had recently read about a latchkey office in Sorrento Valley, which I thought was a more corporate version, but actually they are more of just an address and phone service. Either way, it doesn't really have the same inspired feel.

And then, in my hard earned google searching (okay, about 3 clicks in), I discovered Jelly!

It's a little far for me, coming from my new home in suburbia, but Jelly is one day at a time... so I'm going for it! Maybe I'll even host the next one!

In the mean time, if you are interested in forming a cool co-working space in the Sorrento Valley area, please email or post a comment!

6 comments:

schlomo rabinowitz said...

I'm glad you found us at the Factory and want to start your own; they can work and be very inspiring.

Have you looked at the resources on the wiki?:
http://coworking.pbwiki.com/

There may be people in your area already looking to form one already and could use your help!

AlegraMarcel said...

Thanks for the info, Schlomo.

Yes I found pbwiki, but they are all about Jelly. I am excited to join Jelly, but I'm also seeking something more permanent. (Jelly is co-working at shifting locations.)

Michelle said...

Hi Alegra,

Just wondering if you found any interested parties for your Sorrento Valley location? I definitely would be interested. Thanks

JennyJ said...

did you ever find a coworking environ in Sorr Valley? I'm looking for space for a new startup but need to be near sorrento valley. Since then, a GREAT space opened in Downtown - check out hivehaus.com

Pete, Owner of 3S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pete, Owner of 3S said...

3rdSpace is a totally unique co-working concept. Very casual, hip, urban creative space in University Heights. We're all about connecting people and ideas, with an equal emphasis on events, workshops, discussions, etc as co-working. More of a creative club for freelancers. If any of you are interested in checking us out, please visit 3rdspace.co/about.